Keep abreast of COVID-19 across Africa. WHO-WONCA Africa-AfroPHC has a weekly joint webinar on Fridays. Different countries share the COVID-19 situation and the PHC implications with extensive opportunities for questions and answers. The WHO team also joins us.
Get intimate knowledge of the situation on the ground in PHC response in South Africa. See Prof Parimalaranie Yogeswaran, Professor/Head of Department: Family Medicine and Rural Health, Walter Sisulu University share the COVID-19 situation and PHC response in the Eastern Cape of South Africa on Friday 31st July 2020.
We had five topics for presentations.
- Rural District Hospital approach to COVID 19 (Dr. Ben Gaunt, Clinical Manager, Zithulele Hospital and Walter Sisulu University) 1 Dr Gaunt_Rural district Hospital approach to Covid-19
- Epidemiology and comorbidity in COVID 19 at Mthatha (Dr. Ramprahash Kaswa, Family Physician, Mthatha Regional Hospital and Walter Sisulu University)2 Dr Kaswa_MRH Presentation (1)
- COVID 19 and psychological support to health workers and community (Prof Zukiswa Zingela, Psychiatrist, Head of Psychiatry, Walter Sisulu University)3 Prof Zingela COVID-19 AND MENTAL HEALTH
- Breaking bad news over the phone in COVID era (Dr. Vincent Adeniyi, Family Physician, Cecilia Makiwane Hospital and Walter Sisulu University)4 Dr Adeniyi_Notification of SARS-Cov-2 Result WONCA
- COVID and the undergraduate training at the decentralised clinical platforms (Dr. Kay Adeleke, Family Physician, Walter Sisulu University)