SA back to ‘adjusted’ Level 3 – here are some of the new rules
- A second wave of infections driven by a new Covid-19 variant has forced harsher restrictions on South Africa.
- A ban on alcohol sales, earlier curfews, compulsory mask wearing and revised limitations on social gatherings have been announced by President Ramaphosa on Monday evening.
- A ban on beaches, dams, lakes, rivers, public parks, and public swimming pools in hotspot areas has also been implemented.
- South Africa has a long list of new hotspots, in addition.
- The ‘adjusted’ Level 3 lockdown regulations take effect from Tuesday and will be reviewed on 15 January 2021.