WONCA (World Organization of Family Doctors) seeks a Chief Executive Officer
WONCA is a global, not-for-profit academic umbrella organization representing more than 550,000 family doctors.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CEO serves as WONCA’s Chief Executive Officer and in that capacity has the responsibility for supporting the organization’s leadership, for providing staff leadership, and for daily oversight and management of all Secretariat activities. He or she reports to the President of WONCA.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading strategic and business development under direction of the President, the Executive Committee and World Council
• Leading and coordinating implementation of the strategic plan.
• financial management and accountability, including submission of bi-annual budget.
• Sustaining and growing WONCA membership, including maintenance of accurate membership database.
• Acquiring consultancies for WONCA
• Fostering positive relationships with member organizations, other health-related organizations, as well as the media and government agencies.
• Ensuring timely, effective and innovative communication between staff and Executive and between WONCA and all relevant persons, parties and organizations.
• Selecting competent staff and for establishing and maintaining an effective, equitable, and positive work environment for staff.
WONCA is looking for a CEO who will serve the organization full time, with a future perspective of 8-10 years. The initial contract will be for five years, with an anticipated start date in late 2020.
The CEO should have substantial management experience and proven organizational skills. He or she must possess strong business and fiscal management skills and an in-depth knowledge of management of a large not for profit association. Expertise in and strong awareness of global trends and politics are desirable. Understanding of and commitment to the effective use of information technologies is essential. The CEO should have a background in or extensive knowledge of family medicine/general practice. Although the successful candidate may hold a medical degree, exceptionally well qualified candidates having a minimum of a master’s degree in other academic fields will be considered. The CEO must have strong English oral and written communication skills and be in command of a second language. The successful candidate should have sufficient stamina to fulfill the essential functions of this position, which includes international travel and long hours. The location of the secretariat will be discussed with the candidate.
To ensure maximum confidentiality we are using the services of the American Academy of Family Physicians to assist with this search process.
To be considered, send a letter by 30 June 2019 addressing position responsibilities and requirements, and a copy of your resume to Holly McCoy, Vice President & Chief Human Capital Officer, American Academy of Family Physicians, firstname.lastname@example.org or 11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64064
Further information is available on request