Get to know more about the response to COVID-19 in Johannesburg.
Johannesburg Management Plans/Tools
- COVID-19 Plan Jhb Health District 2020-03-19 Signed
- COVID-19 Primary Care Facility preparedness guide revised 10052020
- COVID-19 Health facility environmental cleaning requirements 25052020
- COVID-19 Clinic Posters (English)
- COVID-19 Clinic Posters (isiZulu)
- COVID-19 Reporting tool for facilities (2020-03-24)
- COVID-19 Patient Info Sheet (revised 2020-04-18)
- COVID-19 PHC Triage Questions
- Bleach mixing instructions
- SA Recommended-Guidelines-for-Cloth Mask (2020-04-09)
Designated facilities dedicated to COVID-19 testing in Jhb
- A= Halfway house, Ivory Park and Diepsloot South.
- B= Bosmont and Parkhurst.
- C= Weltevreden Park, Rex, Cosmo City and Braamfischerville clinics.
- D= Shanty, Jabavu, Michael Maponya and Diepkloof.
- E= Sandown, Petervale and East Bank
- F= South Hills and Crown Gardens.
- G= Barney Molokwane, Eldorado Park Ext 2 and Thulamtwana
A team has been visiting facilities across Jhb since the beginning of April. The review is based on learning from Helen Joseph Hosptial.
Here are pics from these visits.
The plan as of 17th April 2020 is to ensure that ALL facilities will test for COVID-19. It will be stepped up starting with the following six facilities over the next week. Each facility will be developed as a model (based on the plans above)
- Region A: Ebony Park Clinic
- Region D: Lillian Ngoyi and Chiawelo CHCs
- Region E: Alex CHC
- Region F: Hillbrow CHC
- Region G: Stretford CHC
Do you want to volunteer in the Jhb COVID-19 Response across these sites? Click to join the WhatsApp groups – Clinicians who can do COVID-19 testing, Laypersons and able to do queue marshalling, admin, support etc. or help with Donations of fabric masks, PPE etc. and if you are volunteering for Soweto.
Criteria for Person Under Investigation (PUI), i.e. a person to be tested for COVID-19: Persons with acute respiratory illness with sudden onset (or worsening) (<14 days) of at least one of the following: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fever [≥ 38°C (measured) or history of fever (subjective)] irrespective of admission status.(9th April)
Get latest COVID-19 TECHNICAL RESOURCES (including quick reference guide and forms for tests)
Get latest COVID-19 GUIDELINES (including detailed infection control and clinical guidelines)
Useful Clinical Resources
- Hand washing video for COVID 19 (NIOH)
- Personal Protective Equipment for Non-Aerosol Generating Procedures
- COVID-19: Donning and doffing PPE (NIOH)
- Personal Protective Equipment for Aerosol Generating Procedures
- Nasopharyngeal Specimen Collection (Swabbing) for COVID-19
- How to Obtain a Nasopharyngeal Swab Specimen for COVID-19 (NEJM)
Contacts for hospital referrals
- Lenasia South Hospital: +27 11 213 9600 / 078 509 3275 / 011 854 0000
- Discoverers Hospital: 011 674 1200
- Bheki Mlangeni Hospital: 11 241 5600
- South Rand Hospital: 011 681 2000
- Edenvale Hospital: 011 321 6000
- Helen Joseph Hospital: 011 489 1011
- Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital: 011 488 4911 / 011 488 3165 | 4151 |3122
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital: 011 933 0967 / 011 938 8161 also check here for other contacts