Please follow advert requirements closely.
ADMINISTRATION CLERK (RESEARCH)
- Reference Number : refs/013328
- Directorate : Johannesburg Health District Office
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 173 703.00 Per Annum
- Enquiries : Prof Shabir Moosa | email@example.com
- Qualification Requirements: Grade 12 qualification. Valid driver’s license. Applicants with higher education health, administration, research, or equivalent qualifications will be an added advantage. at least 2-years’ experience in research or academic organizations will also be an advantage. Knowledge Requirements: Knowledge of the legislative framework related to research and the ability to interpret them. Knowledge of the research procedures in Gauteng Health, ethics committees and universities. Competency Requirements: Computer Literate in MS Office, MS Excel, Email. Good interpersonal skills, problem solving and analytical skills. Good organizational skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English. Ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds. Good communication skills (written, presentation, verbal and listening) are essential. Ability to handle information confidentially. Ability to act with tact and discretion. Good telephone etiquette and interpersonal relations skills. Must be self-motivated. Ability to work independently and with the team. Ability to work under pressure and be prepared to rotate and operate as a reliever to other sections within the Department. Ability to handle tasks of multidisciplinary nature. Ability to interpret and apply Standard Operating Procedures.
- Specific Duties: To support the Johannesburg Health District Research Committee to coordinate and manage research processes within the district, to review research proposals, to support the development and appropriate use of the NHRD as a research coordination tool, to mobilise resources for research and to promote the use of health research outcomes. This will include the successful candidate to clerically support all the following: applications to conduct research; the review processes for permission to conduct research; the permission process to conduct research; quality improvement, research, and training projects by the Jhb DRC, the reporting by researchers permitted to conduct research; and reporting, meetings and activities for research in Johannesburg and multi-district sites in Gauteng. General Duties: Attend to research related enquiries and audit queries. Record, organize, control, store, and retrieve information. Attend to enquires in a professional manner, give guidance, advice and handle information confidentially. Ensure effective communication with researchers. Write memos, letters and any other documents as requested by the supervisor. Record, organize, control, store and retrieve information and perform administrative functions related to the work in the field. Ensure safekeeping of all documentation in the office, administer the filing system and follow correspondence up. Attend meetings with District Research Committee. Attend meetings and trainings as approved by supervisor. Maintenance of user-friendly office. Ordering of stationery and other consumables for the office. Perform all other duties delegated by a Supervisor/Manager. Perform any other reasonable tasks. Comply with the Performance Management and Development System (contracting, quarterly reviews and final assessment). Compiling of monthly statistics for the month
- Applications must be submitted on the New Z83 Fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at dpsa.gov.za/documents. Applications received on the old Z83 application form will not be considered. According to Circular 5 of 2021, candidates must attach copies of all the necessary documents (qualifications) to the application including a valid identity document, and relevant certificates where necessary. Such copies need not be certified when applying for the post; only shortlisted candidates will receive communication from HR to submit certified copies not older than 6 months on or before the day of the interview. Smart ID card copy must show both sides of the ID card. Applications without proof of the necessary documents required by HR will be disqualified. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV that specifies the following: All experience indicating the position, institution and respective dates (DD/MM/YY). Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It will be required of the successful candidate to undergo an appropriate security clearance. Candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) – Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 of which one must be immediate supervisor, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. Shortlisted candidates might be subjected to competency assessment. Johannesburg Health District reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). Johannesburg Health District also reserves the right to cancel the filling of Vacancy or not to fill a vacancy that was advertised during any stage of the recruitment process. The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity; therefore, all the appointments will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity target of the department. People with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications should be submitted emailed to JhbHealth.DistrictJobApplications@gauteng.gov.zaand copied to Prof S. Moosa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : JHB Health District
Closing Date : 08-03-2022
|Do you have Grade 12?|
|Do you have experience in general or research administration?|
|Do you have Knowledge of the legislative framework related to research and the ability to interpret them?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.