|The Nursing Now campaign, launched this week, to raise the profile and status of nursing. It focuses on five areas:
- ensuring that nurses and midwives have a more prominent voice in health policy-making;
- encouraging greater investment in the nursing workforce;
- recruiting more nurses into leadership positions;
- conducting research that helps determine where nurses can have the greatest impact; and
- sharing of best nursing practices.
Strengthening nursing globally could have a triple impact on improving health, improving gender equality by empowering women and building stronger economies.