Keep abreast of COVID-19 across Africa. WHO-WONCA Africa-AfroPHC has a weekly joint webinar on Fridays at 2pm (Ghana), 3pm (Nigeria), 4pm (SA), and 5pm (Kenya). Different countries share the COVID-19 situation and the PHC implications with extensive opportunities for questions and answers. The WHO team also joins us.
Cape Town has been the hotspot for COVID in South Africa. Get intimate knowledge of the situation on the ground in PHC. See Prof. Bob Mash and colleagues share the PHC response in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa on 3rd July 2020. It addresses the following issues:
- The epidemiology of the infection in Cape Town [Prof Hassan Mahomed, Public Health Specialist, Metro Health Services and Stellenbosch University]
- The readiness and reorganisation of primary care facilities [Prof Bob Mash, Family Physician, Head of Family Medicine and Primary Care, Stellenbosch University]
- Community screening and testing [Dr. Neal David, Family Physician at Hanover Park CHC and Division of Family Medicine, University of Cape Town]
- Home delivery of medication [Dr. Zameer Bray, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation]
- Impact on other primary care priorities [Prof Hassan Mahomed, Public Health Specialist, Metro Health Services and Stellenbosch University]
- The Hospital of Hope field hospital [Dr. Klaus von Pressentin, Head of Division of Family Medicine, University of Cape Town]