Please circulate to Family Physicians and Registrars.
The SAAFP is the national association of family doctors, representing South Africa on the World Organisation of Family Doctors (WONCA).
The aim of the SAAFP is to develop the discipline and body of knowledge of family medicine through research, education and training, provide for the professional needs of its members such as continuing professional development, and to represent the opinion of the profession on national and international forums.
SAAFP MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
All membership categories of SAAFP will enjoy the following benefits:
- Be part of a national network of family physicians and family practitioners with representation in bodies such as the South African Medical Association (SAMA)and the World Organisation of Family Doctors; and close ties with the Rural Doctors Association of South Africa (RUDASA), and The College of Family Physicians of South Africa.
- Receive the bi-monthly South African Family Practicejournal – the only journal you NEED to read, written for South African family physicians.
- Access to the print CPD activities in the South African Family Practicejournal as well as it’s online CPD courses.
- A 50% discount on the South African Practice journal publication fees.
- Access to monthly face-to-face CPD meetings in the regions.
- Access to a CPD Accreditation service and/or consultation on accreditation of CPD activities and meetings. SAAFP is an HPCSA approved CPD accreditor.
- Access to conferences and symposia organised by SAAFP: such as Mini-Congresses on a provincial level and the bi-annual National Family Practitioners Conference. SAAFP members generally receive discounted rates.
- Support rural health through our partnership in Africa Health Placements.
SAAFP Membership Fees (2018/2019)
The following membership fees will apply from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
|Benefits||Voting right at AGM|
(Family Physician & MP with similar experience)
|R 850.00||Full benefits||Yes|
|R 420.00||Full benefits||No, may attend and participate|
|R 0.00||Full benefits||No, may attend and participate|
|Honorary member||Nil||Full benefits||No, may attend and participate|
NOTE: REGISTRARS- MEMBERSHIP IS FREE
Dr Sruthi Mohan
3rd year Family Medicine Registrar
University of the Witwatersrand
SAAFP Registrar Representative 2017-2020