Hospital negligence under investigation after elderly patient dies of burns from shower.

Ongoing complaints of shocking conditions at Elim Hospital in Limpopo have gone unresolved, and now an 83-year-old patient has died of third degree burns after being left to take a shower on her own.

Last Thursday Mujaji Manganye allegedly received no assistance when she went to take a shower. She stepped under scalding hot water and was overwhelmed. After sustaining bad burns she passed away.

This incident follows numerous complaints by the patients at Elim Hospital. Many claimed conditions in general were poor and staff were also negliglent. Now that a patient has actually died, patients in the hospital are in shock and fear….more