Definition: ‘Health research information’ here refers primarily (but not exclusively) to peer-reviewed research papers, as typically published in journals.
The HIFA Access to Health Research project is planning a Roundtable at the Geneva Health Forum, 24th March 2020, on the theme What next steps are needed to improve the availability and use of health research information in LMICs? Join HIFA to take part in the pre-event thematic discussion on the following questions:
- Increasing the availability and use of quality health research information is fundamental to the successful attainment of global health and progressive realization of the right to health. Who needs access and why? What is our vision of access to and use of health research information in LMICs in 2030?
- What steps are needed to promote open access (for publishers, researchers and users in LMICs)?
- What steps are needed to address the challenges of open access (for publishers, researchers and users in LMICs)?
- What other steps (other than open access) are needed to increase the availability and use of health research information?
- How shall we take this forward? (e.g. through a Statement/Declaration)…Read more